All of us at some point in our lives have experienced a painful sensation, but what is pain?
Although it may seem indescribable, pain is a signal sent to the central nervous system whose message indicates that something is wrong. Each person has his or her own pain threshold, which is why we can all experience pain in different ways and intensities, coinciding with the fact that it is an unpleasant and annoying sensation that needs to be relieved.
What types of pain can we treat with CBD?
There are different types of pain, and based on the time and duration since its onset we can classify it as acute or chronic. Acute pain is the one that appears suddenly or insidiously increasing its intensity, this usually disappears quickly if it is treated properly, and if it is prolonged in time or becomes recurrent we would be talking about a chronic ailment.
Pain in turn can be classified according to its location, for example:
- Neuropathic pain is caused by nerve dysfunction or damage as a consequence of chronic degenerative diseases such as diabetes mellitus.
- Psychosomatic pain is a result of psychological dysfunction that gives a false perception of pain.
- Osteoarticular pain is limited to bones and joints as in the case of rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
- Referred pain, is perceived in an area distant from the area where the pain was produced.
- Phantom pain is perceived in place of a previously amputated organ or limb.
- Visceral pain originating in hollow viscera at the abdominal levels, such as acute colitis.
- Ocular pain resulting from ophthalmic affections, glaucoma, conjunctivitis, and uveitis.
Dull pain which is insidious and constant and difficult to locate.
It is due to this problem that an unstoppable search for different ways and methods to counteract the pain and provide effective relief quickly begins, and even more so in those who have diagnoses of chronic diseases such as cancer.
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, has earned an important place among the most impressive analgesics and anti-inflammatories for pain management and therapy, with the great advantage that its side effects are almost null. Although its use is controversial, scientific studies are currently being conducted to demonstrate its benefits, and as more and more demonstrable truths come to light, its acceptance in the field of medicine increases.
Why can CBD relieve pain?
- This component produces a blocking effect against the transmission of the painful stimulus in the central nervous system, this is achieved by acting on the opioid and vanilloid receptors.
- It also has an anti-inflammatory function, achieving considerable pain relief.
- It serves as a treatment for other symptoms that may arise, secondary to the onset of pain such as anxiety, insomnia, and even depression.
- It is one of the fighters of atypical cell growth or malignant cancer reducing not only the increase in tumor mass but also the pain.
What percentage of CBD to use for pain?
Today you can find a great diversity of products whose main component is CBD, and the percentage of concentration that it has will vary between 1 and 97%, this value will indicate the amount of active ingredient that contains the product that we are going to use, being able to establish its potency as low, medium or high. If you enjoyed this article then visit Big Easy Magazine for more interesting articles.